Friday, October 24, 2008

Life Update

Wow! It has been a long time (over a month and a half) since I last blogged. A lot has happened in our life since then and I will do my best to catch everyone up. After this blog, I plan on posting regularly again. Okay, hold on tight 'cause here we goooooooooooo...

We left off with us going on vacation to Walt Disney World September 11 -15. (I'll blog about the trip later.) On our last day of vacation I was informed that 2 managers in St. Louis (one of them being my manager) were laid off due to the downsizing of my company. On the 18th of September, I was laid off (along with lots of other people nationwide). Bummer. Their loss. Needless to say, the first couple of weeks after that were a little nuts. I've been looking for jobs but the market is kind of stagnant right now. The perfect job will come along - hopefully sooner rather than later.

On September 28, AB had family day at Six Flags. Before we headed to the park for the day you'll never guess what happened?! Lauren used the potty!!!!! Boy we were so excited. She used the potty 2-3 times that day and then the next but hasn't sat on it since. Every time I ask her if she needs to go potty she says "NO!". When I try to sit her on the training potty, she stiffens her body and refuses to sit. We will save that battle for another day.

Six Flags was fun but boy was it yucky!!! Granted, I am a Disney Snob but come on - the park felt like a glorified carnival. The music was too loud, and the upkeep was not good. I felt like the workers were always trying to up-sell me and there were advertisements everywhere. We had a good time but it will be a while before we pay to go. Lauren had a blast. She enjoyed seeing Scooby Doo and Scrappy too.

Lauren also enjoyed riding her first amusement ride by herself. Joe and I were nervous at first that she would cry when she realized we were not going to ride with her but she LOVED it.

To shore the last few weeks up, we've been on a hayride at my Aunt Libby's. Lauren enjoyed bobbing for apples - actually she liked playing in the water more. She took a couple of tries at a pinata and ate 2 1/2 hot dogs -no bun. We attended a family picnic at Garden of the Gods last weekend and was in Harrisburg when my parents got to meet Brenna's boyfriend Kelsey. Overall, life has been good. I just need a job.

1 comment:

lizzy-loo said...

glad you are back. keep your chin up it will all work out.