Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Last night we carved our pumpkins. Actually, we gave Lauren markers to color her pumpkin and Joe and I carved ours.


Lauren kept grabbing the markers by the wrong end which resulted in her getting marker all over her hands. She does not like to be messy so I was wiping her hand every other minute.


Here is her masterpiece. She had more fun playing with the markers and their container than she did coloring her pumpkin. Oh well.

As Joe was scraping out the inside of our pumpkin he kept asking Lauren if she would like to stick her hand in and help pull out. "No" was always the answer. She liked to look in the pumpkin and touch the outside but she had no desire to touch the gooey inside.

Joe and I tag teamed on our pumpkin - I came up with the design and he carved it out.
I guess our pumpkin was too scary for Lauren.




3 comments:

lizzy-loo said...

oh my goodness! she is so big. They grow so much those first two years. Sad to be missing it. All our love and hope trick or treating is fun.

Unknown said...

I loved the photos and captions! It made me feel like I hadn't missed out on anything. Thank you!
Yes, your pumpkin was too scary...I cried too!

Love,
Farmor

Tour guide @ Mommy Excursions said...

Hi, I'm Crista's friend and was looking at her blog waiting (and waiting and waiting) for a new post and came across your blog. The pic of your daughter and the jack-o is too cute!