Sunday, October 26, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Yesterday was the BIG day - Lauren went from sleeping in a crib to sleeping in a big girl bed. The transition had been coming for a while. So, this past week I ordered some cutie bedding and it came in on Friday. Here is the last picture of Lauren in her crib...

Add VideoAs we were putting together the new bed, she was playing in side the rails calling it a pool. Joe and I kept a steady stream of talking up about her new big girl bed and how exciting it was going to be. Once we got the mattresses on, Lauren wanted to jump on the bed. Being the indulgent parents that we are, we let her. I wanted to exchange out the mattress for another one and when we took the mattress off Lauren started crying "No! My bed. My Bed". She thought we were getting rid of her bed. After we made up the bed to my satisfaction, she wanted to jump on the bed and "cheese" for a picture (pre bed rails).

Lauren had a difficult time falling asleep in her new bed. Part of that is my fault - I didn't keep her normal bed time routine like rocking her before putting her in the bed. Part of her not falling asleep also had to do with Lauren not having a nap at all yesterday and being so tired she was wired. I let her fall asleep in our bed and Joe moved her to her bed. She slept all night long with no problem. Tonight, I will definitely stick to our routine.

2 comments:

lizzy-loo said...

so many milestones! i always loved how proud their little faces are when they are big.

Unknown said...

Wow...time is moving too fast for me. Can hardly believe Lauren is hitting so many stages all at once.

Grandma Lack