Saturday, August 23, 2008

Toe? Toe?

The first words out of Lauren's mouth this morning were "Toe? Toe?" while pointing to the toe that was hurt the night before. I believe she was trying to ask "what in the world is going on with my toe?". Bless her heart, I knew it had to be throbbing this morning. After getting her dressed quickly I saw to the care of the toe. Lauren was fine leaving a band-aid on today but for safe measure I put socks on her and gave her a dose of Tylenol. She didn't really hobble around much today which is good.

After dinner we made a family trip to Wal-mart. Lauren's only been about a dozen times in her life. I find it faster to go without her. She starts out riding in the basket portion of the cart but within a few minutes she is asking to walk. Joe tends to shepard her along while I do the shopping. On the way home we stopped at Dairy Queen. Seeing that I am on Weight Watchers again - and only had 4 points left for the day - I got an ice cream sandwich. As I was paying the kid at the drive thru, a little voice in the back seat said "ice ceam, ice ceam". Sharing in the care is difficult to do so we shared it when we got home.

Tomorrow is a big day. We have a Parents As Teachers enrollment fair in the morning then we head to Shawneetown to celebrate Gran's 96th birthday.

1 comment:

lizzy-loo said...

welcome to the club. don't show me up! we miss you guys too.