Monday, November 17, 2008

Visit with the Burbrinks

This weekend my roommate from college and her family came for a visit. Crista, Phil, Mason and Mallory arrived late Thursday night. After getting their kids off to bed, Crista, Phil and I stayed up visiting and snacking for a little bit. Friday morning came awful early. Lauren must have remembered we were having guests because she woke up at 6:30 am!!! We ate lunch out and Phil watched the kids at the mall playground while Crista and I did a little shopping. Joe was able to join us for dinner at the Macaroni Grill.

Saturday morning Lauren had an appointment at Sears for her 2 year picture. I wanted to get a picture of all 3 kids but they wouldn't all smile at the same time. Crista and Phil were able to get a good shot of them at the house...


After the Sears photo shoot we had lunch at home and the kids went down for a nap. Crista and I hit a few stores while the guys stayed at the house. We ate dinner in and then played a new game I picked up. It's called Scattergories the card game and it was a blast. I've been accused of thinking it was crazy fun because I won both rounds but it really was fun.
The Burbrinks left on Sunday. Lauren played very well the Mason and Mallory and we look forward to seeing them after the first of the year.

3 comments:

lizzy-loo said...

crista's kids are very cute. glad you two have kept your friendship. i can be hard to keep those when we move away from each other and we have kids and our own agenda.

lizzy-loo said...

IT not I - sorry

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! All the kids were so cute and what fun for Lauren to wake up each day to a house with friends to play with.
So nice for you and Joey too. Scattergories is one of my favorite games, though I don't play as well as you!

Love,
Farmor