Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time Out Part Deux

On Thursday Lauren got placed in time out for the second time. She committed the same offense as before - shaking the mounted gate at daycare. The gate is mounted to the wall and shaking it could make a hole where the screws are located. When Miss Donna told Lauren no- don't shake, Lauren looked at her and shook the gate as fast as she could.

That night while I was rocking Lauren I started singing softly to her. Lauren must not have wanted to hear it because she put her hand to my mouth and pinched my lips closed. While I know it's unreasonable, my feelings were hurt. I'm still going to sing to her whether she wants to hear it or not!

Friday we went to Eureka Days - which is a little carnival the town has every fall. Lauren got to ride the merry-g0-round or "horse" as she calls it. She wanted to ride some of the faster looking rides but we had to keep explaining that she wasn't big enough. Eventually we left and went home to wait for Aunt B and Kelsey to arrive.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren has to try out the boundaries set for her to show she does have a mind of her own. She's learning!
Eureka Days sounds like fun. Wish we could have enjoyed it with her....and brought Cousin Stephen along! He would have loved it too.

Grandma Lack (Farmor)

lizzy-loo said...

she probably recognizes that you singing to her means bedtime. don't take it personally. you are a great mom and she loves you.

tell those people at the nursery that I said try a little distraction.

Unknown said...

It occurs to me that Lauren is simply excited about her upcoming visit with Mickey, Minnie and Donald. She is perturbed by the possibility that "Ike" could rain on her party. We are looking forward to seeing Lauren, Joe, and Elizabeth at Disney. See you in a few days. Gaylin

Andy said...

seems to me that Lauren is clearly prone to violent behavior and needs to be locked up.